How to Get a Canadian or other countries Student Visa

The process for obtaining a Canadian or other countries student visa is as follows:

  1. A student must first obtain a letter of acceptance from a recognized University or College. For the USA students must obtain the I-20 s and other countries have other types of Letter of acceptance, Invitation, JW2, Offer letter, certificate of acceptance or visa invitation. A student must acquire this before you are permitted to apply for a study permit. You can get this online, by printing out a form, or by requesting a paper form from your university, which will also provide advice on this subject.
  • 2. The next step is to get a Canadian, USA or others, your desire country student visa application package, either from their gov. website or by contacting your local visa office, or the desire countries local embassy or consulate in your home country.
  • 3. To get your application package, you’ll need to answer a few questions about yourself. These questions will determine whether you are eligible to apply online for a Canadian student permit, and what documents you’ll need to provide.
  • 4. If you are found eligible, you will receive a personal checklist code, valid for 60 days, which you will need in order to submit your application online. Make sure to print out the page containing your code for future reference. The page will also include an application guide, an estimated tuition fees amount, a list of documents you will need to submit with your application, and guidelines for your next steps.
  • 5. When you are ready to apply, create a MyCIC account if your visa application is for, where you will enter your personal checklist code. You will then receive your personal document checklist which allows you to upload and send your documents to CIC. You’ll need a printer or a scanner to do this. For other country need to physically to the embassy for submitting the visa application.
  • 6. Once you have your documents and application form ready and have paid your fees, you can submit your completed application to CIC or your desired country embassy.

Note: Some applicants for some countries may have to attend an interview at their local visa office.